Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Only A Runner

Here's the scenario: it's 4:45 am and my daughter is hugging the toilet, fighting a stomach bug.  I'm holding her hair back; half asleep, half awake.  She then tells me she wants to take a bath.  Um, ok, it's 5:15 in the morning, but, sure let's take a bath.  I'm fully awake now.  I get the bed remade and start the laundry.  At this point I'm thinking, as only a runner would, she won't be able to go to school today and I need to get my long run in.  How am I going to make that happen?  My options are limited.  I either leave when she gets back in bed or I don't go.  Hmmm.  As I'm thinking about it,  I run downstairs and charge my iPod as there is no way I can get through a 10 miler at this hour without music.  At 5:30 I get her out of the tub and settled back in and decide to change into my gear.  My husband tells me he needs to leave around 7:00 and then turns over and falls back asleep.  I stare longingly at my bed, which I could so easily just crawl back into, and then I quickly run downstairs and grab my shoes.  It's a balmy 16 degrees out, I have not had caffeine and I've slept for about 4 hours - less than ideal but it is what it is.  I'm hoping Flo Rida and his 'good feeling' are going to help me through this one.  Am I crazy?  Yes.  Most runners are.

Listen to this:
My Country - Tune Yards  My Country - Whokill

No comments:

Post a Comment