Friday, March 22, 2013

A LOT

RUNNING...

Okay, so I definitely have a lot of running shoes.  I'll admit it.  I might have a little problem.  Hello, my name is Rebecca, and I am addicted to running shoes.  They are not all for "running", per say.

Saucony Jazz
My 'old-school' Saucony Jazz are just for 'hanging out' and I like to think they provide an edge, if you will, to my outfits that my other shoes don't.  (I know... it's a stretch).  I like to wear these when I go see live music because they are comfortable but I don't look like I have just run a 5K.  Yes, I do think about my concert outfits.

Asics Trail


These Asics I bought for hiking about 10 years ago when I lived out in San Francisco.  No joke.  They are still holding up pretty well.  And they still look kind of badass.



Saucony Hurricane

These pink Saucony Hurricanes, well,  I bought these just because they are so freakin' cool.  I wear them almost every day - but I don't workout in them because they are too heavy.  I won't keep going.  But you can see they are more than just shoes to me.  They each have a story; some longer and more significant than others.

Since I become a coach, I have stopped buying "regular" shoes and I rarely buy or wear "regular" clothes. (By "regular" I mean "non-running").  I spend 75% of my time running, coaching runners and/or running around to pick up or drop off my kids.  It just doesn't make sense to wear wedges or boots at this time in my life.  And I'm okay with it.  Once in a while I do throw on some non-running attire.  I'm not always sporting the latest trend, but I don't really think it matters (I can feel my sister cringing from afar as I write this).  I love my running shoes.  I love many other things, too.  I won't spell a lot out with all of them but I probably could.  I don't believe you if you tell me you don't have one thing that you love...A LOT.  And that is a good thing.

...AND MUSIC

Listen to this:
Cholla - The Joy Formidable  Cholla - Wolf's Law

2 comments:

  1. I loveeeee my running shoe collection. It may possibly be one of the things I'd grab in a fire. I spend the majority of my time in running/workout clothes - my closet has a severe lack of "fashion sense". I'm trying though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your running shoe collection!! I LOVED my Saucony Jazz. I went through so many pairs of those. And workout wear definitely has taken over my whole wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete