Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Snow Day: A Playlist

MUSIC... 
Yesterday we had another snow day.  Our 6th, I think.  Good times.  My older daughter tends to get up earlier than usual on snow days.  It's like she has an internal alarm that goes off when, and only when, she doesn't have school.  By 8:00am, she had already eaten breakfast, watched a show, made a fort and walked over to our neighbors house in her pajamas for a second breakfast.  I love hanging with my girls but...well, snow days tend to be long freakin' days.  When my younger daughter woke up I was in the middle of making a playlist.  She hopped on my lap and started adding her own input.  "I like that one", "that one is too weird", "that one is kind of watery" (no idea what 'watery' meant, but a cool comment, nonetheless).  Together we made the below playlist.  There is no rhyme or reason to this puppy.  It's just some good tunes that we both like for various reasons.  I should note here that I would not necessarily run with all of these, but since I was making it with Grace, whether or not I could run with it was not a factor.  As we pieced it together, I found it somewhat refreshing to take the 'running' element out of it.  And it was pretty awesome to sit and chill with my 6 year old for a couple hours while listening to music.  Full disclosure - I may have influenced some of Grace's picks.  But, only a little.  Added bonus; a damn good playlist, if I do say so myself.  So, without further ado....

MUSIC TO LISTEN TO WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE IT (Grace's title)
Back for More - White Rabbits  Back for More - Milk Famous 
Back to This - The Helio Sequence  Back to This - Keep Your Eyes Ahead
Bavarian #1 (Say You Will) - Miike Snow  Bavarian #1 (Say You Will) - Happy to You (Deluxe Version)
Born With a Broken Heart - David Wax Museum  Born With a Broken Heart - Everything Is Saved
Cakelakers - Indians  Cakelakers - Somewhere Else
Chocolate - The 1975  Chocolate - Music for Cars - EP *
Clone - Metric  Clone - Synthetica
Come My Side Dana Buoy  Come My Side - Summer Bodies
Danse Caribe - Andrew Bird  Danse Caribe - Break It Yourself
Fiya Wata - Edward Sharp & The Magnetic Zeros  Fiya Wata - Here 
Going Under - The Dodos  Going Under - No Color
Gold - Wake Owl  Gold - Gold - Single
Hysterical - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah  Hysterical - Hysterical
Into Giants - Patrick Watson  Into Giants - Adventures in Your Own Backyard
It's All Ours - Delorean  It's All Ours - Subiza
Little Numbers - Boy  Little Numbers - Mutual Friends
The Loose Ends Will Make Knots - Stars  The Loose Ends Will Make Knots - The North
Ms - Alt J  Ms - An Awesome Wave
(Nothing But) Flowers - Talking Heads  (Nothing But) Flowers - The Best of Talking Heads (Remastered) **
Only Pieces - Here We Go Magic  Only Pieces - Here We Go Magic
Port of Call - Beirut  Port of Call - The Rip Tide
The Riot's Gone - Sanitgold  The Riot's Gone - Master of My Make-Believe
Share With Me the Sun - Portugal. The Man  Share With Me the Sun - In the Mountain In the Cloud
Spotlight - Leagues  Spotlight - You Belong Here
This Is How We Kiss - Throw Me the Statue  This Is How We Kiss - Moonbeams
Untitled (Third Demo) - Interpol  Untitled (Third Demo) - Turn On the Bright Lights (Tenth Anniversary Edition)
Wraith Pinned to the Mist and Other Games - of Montreal  Wraith Pinned to the Mist and Other Games - The Sunlandic Twins
You Hit Me (I'm Down) - The Reaveonettes  You Hit Me (I'm Down) - Observator
You're Too Cool - The Zolas  You're Too Cool - Tic Toc Tic

* My top choice of the day
** Grace's top choice of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment