Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Ode to Boston


One of my greatest memories as a runner is when I crossed the finish line of the Boston Marathon for the first time in 2009.  I was elated.  I was beyond exhausted.  I was insanely emotional.  I was totally out of it.  I wanted to find my husband and hug him.  I wanted to find my kids and throw them up into the air.  I wanted to dance.  I wanted to high five every stranger that I passed.  I wanted soft serve ice cream from the vendor on the corner of Boylston and Arlington.  I wanted to hug the vendor when he gave me my cone.  Today, 4 years and 5 marathons later, I can still conjure up that moment of total awesomeness when it felt as though all in the world was right and good.  All thanks to the Boston Marathon.  Nothing can take this memory away from me.  And nothing will ever change this event and all that it does for the great city of Boston.  Nothing.  See you in Hopkinton in 2014.


Listen to this:
A moment of silence.  My thoughts are quiet today.  My mind and heart are with all of those who are dealing with this senseless tragedy in any way.  

2 comments:

  1. What a brave sentiment. I hope you are right, I hope that this crime will not ruin what has been such a positive thing for so many.

    ReplyDelete