Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Oiselle Arm Warmers: Want Some?

RUNNING... (or running gear)
On the Oiselle model
It was over 70 degrees yesterday in Boston.  I'm not gonna lie, it felt really good to be wearing shorts and a t-shirt.  That said, I know there are some people out there who are still battling with some unusually cold temps (very sorry about that).  Bottom line, I want to give a pair of these Oiselle arm warmers away ASAP; before it heats up across the country for all of us.  I'm not wild about doing giveaways so close together, but this one is time sensitive!  I am hoping the winner will get to enjoy them for a few solid weeks before he or she puts them away until fall. So, here's the low down...

In action: Albany Marathon*
*Notice the man behind me has them on, too.  

In case you missed it, here's a quick recap from Monday's post:

---> Oiselle arm warmers are by far the best running accessory that I own.  Every runner should own a pair of these babies.  I have worn them probably 5 out of every 7 days this spring including during yesterday's race and during my marathon in March. They solve SO many problems.  If it's chilly but you don't want 2 layers, you wear the arm warmers.  If it warms up, you roll them down.  If it gets windy and your hands get cold, as it did for me in both races, just slide them back down and put your thumbs in the thumbholes - this is the feature that sets them apart from all other arm warmers and makes them that much more amazing.    

I'm going keep it short and sweet today.  Want a pair of these arm warmers in navy? (see pic)  You know the drill.  To enter, comment below.  Tell me...what's your favorite running accessory and why?  What's the one thing you can't live without;  rain or shine, spring or fall? Or just tell me straight up....you simply can't live without these puppies.  I get it!

*Contest is for US and Canada residents only.  It will run thru April 15th - Marathon Monday (like this post, duration of this contest will also be short and sweet).  Winner will be chosen via random.org.  Many thanks to Oiselle for making such a kick-ass product! Good luck!

...AND MUSIC

Listen to this:
Next Stop - Bleached  Next Stop - Ride Your Heart

17 comments:

  1. I have to wear a hat when I run whether it be sunny or rainy or snowy (as the case may be) since it keeps the sun off my head or helps to protect my eyeglasses from getting too wet in rain or snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations, Maureen. You have won the Oiselle arm warmers. It's a little piece of good news during this time of sadness. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do! Please send me an email with your name and address so I can get them out to you. Thanks, Rebecca (rebecca.trachsel@yahoo.com)

      Delete
  2. I'd like to win these to see if real arm warmers are better than cut-off tights!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm, I'm gonna take a gamble here and make the assumption that they are, indeed, better than cut-off tights. But, that's a brilliant idea!

      Delete
  3. As a fairly new runner, I would have to say my iPhone is probably my favorite running accessory. It keeps track of my training with the Nike running app and I listen to mixes to get me pumped on fast runs and podcasts on my long runs. I feel like I'd be lost without it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just can't live without my running hat, but these arm warmers might end up being a close second! I love the idea of them, but haven't tried them yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't live without my ipod or a hair tye for my hair. I can't stand having it touch my neck!! and I can't run without my Music. It keeps me going!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christina,
      My previous winner has not responded. You are were the next name chosen. Please email me at rebecca.trachsel@yahoo.com if you would still like the Oiselle arm warmers.
      Best,
      Rebecca

      Delete
  6. Ipod! but arm warmers could be my new favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good socks. I LOVE the Thorlo Experia socks. I suffered from bad blisters until I found these. They are the only socks I run in now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ziplock baggie that I put in my back pocket to keep my keys, ID and spare cash from getting all sweaty during my run!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a toss up, but I'm going to go with my iPhone... It's like a "Swiss Army Knife' for ruuners. It has music, GPS to track my run (and give me splits and intervals, the phone in case I run in to trouble, a camera to take pictures of some of the wacky things runners see during our long runs, and my Starbucks app in case I want a post run treat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My Oiselle distance shorts. I LOVE THEM.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Body Glide. Nuff said.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't live without my..... phone. It's got music, GPS, and emergency info. thanks for the giveaway!!

    ReplyDelete