Monday, June 17, 2013

Rise & Shine

RUNNING...

Over the week-end, a group of us met up in Maine for a little reunion of sorts.  There were four families with a total of 8 kids (ages 6-10).  We had a complete blast.  Sadly, however, I came to the realization that my own kids, particularly my 8 year old, are willing and able to stay up as late, if not later, than I am.  What?? Needless to say, I was a wee bit tired this morning.  Totally my own doing, so no complaints.  As I drank my coffee and checked email (translation: procrastinated), I poked around in my music library and tried to find some upbeat ditties to get me motivated for the 12 miler that I was about to tackle.  Turns out, at 7:00am, I don't need Flo Rida to find that 'good feeling' or Nicki Minaj to 'pound the alarm' for me.  I love those guys, but there is a time and a place for them, and in my case, it's when I'm out on the road or at a dance party.  Right, no, so I haven't been to a dance party in while.  I do love a good dance party, though.  I digress.  Early on a Monday morning before a long run, I just needed to dig up some solid, upbeat, good....no great...music to get my internal gears to start shifting into 'move' mode.  Here's what I came up with.  Happy Monday.

...AND MUSIC 

TUNES TO GET YOU MOVING ON A MONDAY MORNING

LISTEN TO THESE:
A Million Years - Alexander  A Million Years - Alexander
Orpheo Looks Back - Andrew Bird  Orpheo Looks Back - Break It Yourself
So Lucky - Dana Buoy  So Lucky - Summer Bodies
I Want You Back - Discovery  I Want You Back - LP (Bonus Track Version)
Going Under - The Dodos  Going Under - No Color
Fiya Wata - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros  Fiya Wata - Here
You're Too Weird - Fruit Bats  You're Too Weird - Tripper (Bonus Track Version)
Noche Nada - The Givers  Noche Nada - In Light
Front Row - Metric  Front Row - Fantasies
No Starry World - Miike Snow  No Starry World - Happy to You (Deluxe Version)
Into Giants - Patrick Waston  Into Giants - Adventures in Your Own Backyard
Share With Me the Sun - Portugal. The Man  Share With Me the Sun - In the Mountain In the Cloud
Heavy Metal Drummer - Wilco  Heavy Metal Drummer - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Kick Drum Heart - The Avett Brothers  Kick Drum Heart - I and Love and You
Losing Streak - The Eels  Losing Streak - Blinking Lights and Other Revelations

So, what do you think?  Like?  Don't like?  Got something better?  Would love to hear your thoughts on these puppies.  Listen.  Share.  Discuss.  Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment