Friday, September 13, 2013

JANJI: Fall Line Review (& Glow Mac Winner)


Back in February, I reviewed a running apparel company called Janji based here in the Boston area. (click here for original post)  As mentioned, the company's mission is to provide clean water and food to those who need it most by giving a portion of the proceeds from their sales directly to organizations who fund projects related to these specific causes.  Originally, I reached out to the owners, Mike & Dave, because I was in awe of what they were doing and I wanted to spread the word.  I loved how they were integrating this concept of giving with the running community in a way that made perfect sense and was easy to support.  Janji recently reached out again requesting that I take a peak at their new fall line and give another shout out about it to my readers, which I am thrilled to do.  Clearly, I love this company and all that they stand for.  I also love their clothes.  There are several pieces in this new collection that I am fired up about, but there are 3 in particular that I think are worth mentioning:

1.Women's Capris


Purchase these capris and you will be giving one year of drinking water to a person in Tanzania.  You will also look incredibly cool and unique as I have never seen a pair of tights with this funky diamond pattern before.  It's a win-win.


2. JANJI Logo Long Sleeve


I am particularly drawn to this gem because the proceeds from the purchase of this shirt will give 8 meals to a family in need in the Greater Boston area, which is where I have lived for the past 12 years.  I am also drawn to it because it's bright yellow, which is great to have for running in the am or pm when the sun isn't out and because of it's built-in sleeves which are really nice to have in the cooler weather.


3.Women's Kenya Elephant Short Sleeve


The elephant shirt is part of their new Kenya collection.  Purchase this shirt and you will be giving 1 growing season's worth of water to a Kenyan family.  That is fantastic.  And so is the elephant design.  How can you not love this shirt?

All in all, there are several pieces in this new collection that are worth checking out, many of them specifically designed with the upcoming fall weather in mind and all of them designed for those in need.  Take a minute to peruse the site when you get a moment.  If you like what you see, consider making a purchase and join us as we wear Janji and run for another.  


Janji has generously offered a 10% discount on any item plus free shipping to RWM readers.  Simply use the code RunMusic at checkout and the discount will apply.


Listen to this:

Winter Is Coming - Radical Face  


AND

Congratulations to Jodi, the winner of the GLOW MAC T-Shirt from Oiselle.  Her response:

JodiSeptember 9, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Celebrating my fourth year as race director, Genre's Run for Cancer Kids 5K. My 10yr old daughter is running, and we raise money to help kids with cancer and support their families.


She was chosen via random.org, but how cool that the one person picked is someone who gives through running, much like those who run with Janji!  I love that.  Thanks to all of you for entering.  And thanks to Oiselle for making such a cool product and letting me share it.

2 comments:

  1. I love companies that give back. Added bonus is that their wear is pretty awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete