Sunday, September 1, 2013

New & Big

Running on the Battle Road Trail in Lexington, MA (last fall)

Well folks, fall is officially....really close.  The end of summer is always a little bittersweet.  I never want it to end and, at the same time, I'm kind of ready for it to end.  I find that the start of a new season tends to be exciting, in it's own way.  September, in particular, is a big month.  Big for my girls because school starts, big for my high school cross country team because the season is officially underway, and big for me because I am dealing with both of those things.  On top of that, I typically run a big (meaning, long) race in October which makes September a monster month for training.  Got to keep things interesting, right?  I am happy to report that I successfully completed everything on my August  "to-do" list and I thoroughly enjoyed each item.  In the end, having to make sure that I accomplished these simple but important goals was so satisfying that I went ahead and created a new list for myself for September.  Here's what I've got:

- Clean my car because there is sand, Pirate's Booty, and rubbers bands from the Rainbow Loom in every nook and cranny.
- Fix my record player and listen to old records (I've been saying this for a while, so I'm not holding my breath on this one).
- Read The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien (a recommendation from a friend & fellow coach)
- Run several 20+ mile runs. (oh, BOY!)
- Play soccer with my girls on the weekends.
- Turn off the A/C and open all the windows.
- Go apple picking with both my family & my high school cross country team.
- Go see live music with my music wingman, CJZ. (huge smile on my face.  huge.)
 ----> Lord Huron & Alt-J @ the BofA Pavilion in Boston
- And, as always, listen to good music whenever possible.

Here's my September picks.  Happy fall.

SONG:
The Wire - HAIM  


ALBUM:



Carrier - The Dodos

No comments:

Post a Comment