Saturday, December 28, 2013

MUSIC OF THE YEAR (+ YB & RB WINNERS)


Well folks, it's hard to believe the time has come to bid this year adieu.  I hope your 2013 was truly fantastic.  Here's to another great one for all of us.  I am already giddy with excitement over some of the new music that is set to be released in 2014 i.e. I Break Horses, Alt-J, Grizzly Bear & U2.  But let's not get ahead of ourselves.  There was some incredible music released in 2013.  We listened to it, obsessed over it, danced to it, ran with it, talked about it, wrote about it, shared it and then did all of those things over and over and over again.  If you are passionate about music as I am, it's likely that you, too, are always on the hunt for new gems.  Fortunately, they are incredibly easy to find as long as we are willing to spend the time to dig them up (clearly, I am more than willing).  A few weeks ago, I asked you to chime in with your favorites which I then compiled to create the below playlist of songs and albums.  The list is long, has some solid variety and, in my humble opinion, is totally awesome.  I realize that everyone has their own taste in music.  I do my best to seek out a good assortment for this blog, though I know I don't always tap into the full spectrum.  This, dear readers, is precisely why I reached out to you.  My goal was to include as many genres as possible and, hopefully, to broaden all of our musical horizons.  Most of the music on the list was released in 2013.  And those songs or albums that were not, well, they aren't as new, but they moved you all the same.  And that is what matters.  Many thanks to everyone for both your contributions and for sharing your passion for music with the rest of us.  Happy New Year & ROCK ON.


RWM READER'S PICKS: ALBUMS
Washed Out- Paracosm
Lorde - Pure Heroine
Chvrches - The Bones of What You Believe
Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires of the Modern City
The National - Trouble Will Find Me
Calvin Harris - 18 months
Avett Brothers - Magpie & the Dandelion
Tinariwen - Emmarr
Frente Cumbiero - Frente Cumbiero Meets Mad Professor
Tame Impala - Lonerism
POND - Hobo Rocket
Jagwar Ma - Howlin
Bombino - Nomad
The Lumineers - The Lumineers
Lord Huron - Lonesome Dreams
Imagine Dragons - Night Visions
Molly & The Danger Band 
Fall Out Boy - Save Rock and Roll
Flogging Molly (any album)
Dropkick Murphys (any album)

RWM READER'S PICKSSONGS
Sparklers - Gemini Club
How Loud Your Heart Gets - Lucius
Radioactive - Imagine Dragons
Battle Born - Five Finger Death Punch
Born to Rise - Redlight King
Free - Train
Radioactive - Pentatonix & Lindsey Sterling

AND

************** WINNERS of RUNNERBOX & YURBUDS GOODIES ****************

YURBUDSMARCY, a fan of AWOLNATION and the Avvett Brothers
RUNNERBOX (single box) - RunningNutza fan of Lady Gaga & Bruno Mars (& a Loopster)
RUNNERBOX (gift cert) - Heather, a fan of Fallout Boy & the Dropkick Murphys

Please email me at rebecca.trachsel@gmail.com with your contact information so I can get these out to you.  Thanks again to Yurbuds & RUNNERBOX for the amazing treats.  See you all in 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment