Friday, May 16, 2014

CRAZY LUCKY

“In learning you will teach, and in teaching you will learn.” 
~ Phil Collins

Post-race shenanigans w/ my LHS runners

Yesterday, on the way to school, the song Dark Horse by Katy Perry came on the radio.  Both my girls started enthusiastically singing along.  I, myself, did not sing, but I was happy to throw in some dance moves, easily succeeding in both embarrassing my 9 year old and cracking my 7 year old up.  Amazing what one song can do to elevate the mood and energy in our car.  We had a funny conversation after the song was over.  Here's how it unfolded:

Rosie: Mom, did you know Katharine (their cousin) knows all the words to the rap in that song and can sing it perfectly?
Me:  No, I didn't know that.  That's amazing.
Grace: I want to be a rapper when I grow up.
Me: Wow.  Really?  A rapper?
Grace: No, wait, a doctor.
Me: Oh, that's a great job, Grace.  You would be a fantastic doctor.
Grace: Actually, I want to be a babysitter.
Me: Well you can be a babysitter when you're younger.  You're great with little kids (ie. the 2 and 4 year old that she entertains down the street).  You'll be a natural.
Grace: (after much thought) So, I want to be a rapper, singer, babysitter, doctor when I grow up.
Me:  That's awesome, Grace.  Do it. 
----> insert a little chuckle to myself as I picture my daughter dressed as a doctor and moonlighting as a rapper.  She does have a flare for it, right?

Katharine & Grace, rocking out.

Me: So, do you want to know what my dream job is?
Rosie: A running coach?
Me: Yep. Turns out I have my dream job.  How cool is that?  
Grace: You always wanted to be a coach?

The mile "dream team", in shock after crushing their PRs.
(one of my favorite coaching moments)

Me: I've had lots of different jobs.  But, in the back of my head, I always had coaching as the place where I wanted to end up.  Aren't I lucky?
Rosie: You're crazy lucky, mom.
Me: Yep.  Crazy lucky.

LHS D-SQUAD runners, Emma, Steph & Caroline


Listen to this:
The Heart That I'm Hearing - Galantis  

1 comment: