Friday, May 9, 2014

THANKS MOM

“The more a daughter knows the details of her mother's life 
[...] the stronger the daughter.” 
~ Anita Diamant, The Red Tent


Dear Mom,

Thank you.  For always being one of my biggest supporters.  For believing in me, especially when I didn't believe in myself.  For worrying about me, particularly when I wasn't worrying about myself, but probably should have been.  For always helping me get where I needed to go, both mentally, physically and (until I could drive myself) literally.  For expecting the best from me because you knew you could. For letting me make my own decisions, even when you thought, or knew, they might not be the right ones.  For helping me get through it when they were wrong without saying "I told you so".  For always "getting it" or taking the time to figure it out when you didn't.  For going to every game, every meet, every banquet, every bake sale, every concert and every other (often painful) sports or school related event that I asked you to go to with a smile on your face.  For knowing that it meant so much to me that you were there, even though I probably did a crappy job of showing it.  For calling, emailing, writing or visiting for no particular reason, but just because you could and, more importantly, because you wanted to.  For loving my own kids as much as you love me.  For letting me know that you would do, literally, anything for me without having to say it.  For being you.  You are a rock star of epic proportions.  And I am insanely lucky.

Happy Mother's Day.

Love,







Listen to this:
Ten-Twenty-Ten - Generationals  

No comments:

Post a Comment