Friday, July 25, 2014

FRIDAY 5

"Every once in a while, I think I get that feeling that real runners talk about - where your body's wisdom takes over and it's just taking you along for a ride."
~ Karen Harris


Today's Friday 5 is brought to you by mom, rock star, teacher extraordinaire, Karen Harris.  Her whisp-like figure floats through our school's hallways as she picks up and drops off her son.  But on stage, she puts it down like nobody's business.  She runs, in her own, way, and music is her soul mate.  Thanks for sharing, Karen.  Rock on and happy Friday.

In her own words:
I don't run much.  I have bad knees from mountain bike craziness in my 20s and 30s.  In fact, the appropriate verb for what I do would be jogging, or loping.  Sometimes I jog and lope.  And on those rare occasions when this happens, these are some songs that distract me from the fact that I am really not cut out for jogging.  These songs, along with many others, carry me away in all the great ways that music can.  And every once in a while, I think I get that feeling that real runners talk about - where your body's wisdom takes over and it's just taking you along for a ride.  These songs aren't new, but they're some of my faves, ever.

I am a musician, and these songs inspire me musically - maybe in the same way that super duper runners inspire real runners, like all of you.



Robert Pollard - Big Dipper  
Part Past, Part Fiction - The Chills  
Buttermilk - Eugenius  
Christopher Street - Felt  
Don't Give It Up Now - Lyres  

No comments:

Post a Comment