Friday, July 11, 2014

FRIDAY FIVE

"There's something good waitin' down this road
I'm pickin' up whatever's mine."
~Tom Petty, 'Runnin' Down A Dream'


Last week I launched the Friday 5 series.  Originally, I was planning to post 5 new songs that I had discovered each week.  But, as I thought about it more, I decided to change things up a bit.  First, I'm thinking the Friday 5 will be a summer series.  I do have a plethora of playlists to pull from, but I don't want to put it all out there too soon and then run out of stuff to share come November.  And, if I'm being totally honest, life is busy and, for me, even busier in the fall.  Realistically, I can't keep posting a playlist every week of the year.  So, summer it is.  Second, though I will focus primarily on the new stuff that I am digging up, I will also throw in some other concepts once in a while such as genres... think 80s, 90s, Pop, or Classic Rock and themes.... think 'Fast & Furious' or 'Slow & Steady'.  This way I don't get stuck in the musical mud, if you will.  And, finally, I'd love to have you, the readers, chime in with your own Friday 5.  Music is what it is because we share it with those who love it as much as we do.  If you'd like to guest host, I will gladly turn over the reigns and give you the floor.  I might even send you a small RWM treat as a token of my appreciation.  Share and share alike, right?  Like this blog, the Friday 5 series will continue to be a work in progress.   As always, thanks for tuning in.  Have a stellar week-end and rock on.


Hey Geronimo - Carbon Affair  
Free the Animal - Sia  
Beard - Burning Hotels  
Snaggletooth - Vance Joy  
Catform - Rogue Wave  

No comments:

Post a Comment