Thursday, October 9, 2014

THANKS & TBT


It is usually about now, a couple days before my marathon, that I tend to get sentimental and feel the overwhelming desire to hug anyone I see.  It happens every time.  And this is my 10th marathon.  So, that's a lot of hugging.  Maybe it's the taper messing with my head.  Maybe it's due to the fact that I have poured so much time and effort into the months leading up to the race itself that I am craving the emotional release.  Or maybe, it's just that I like to hug people.  And that's okay, too.  It is also usually about this time when I want to thank those who have supported me on my latest running journey.  As you all know, marathon training is a beast, and anyone who is willingly along for the ride, a very long ride, mind you, should get a shout out for their total awesomeness.  This Sunday, I'll be heading to Albany, NY to do it, yet again.  Since I started RWM, I have written several "Thank You" posts.  Rather than go into detail again, I will save us all some time and keep it short and sweet.  The list is pretty much the same as it was last time.  And the time before that.  And, well, you know.  To my family (especially my husband), my friends, my coach, my running partner, the companies who support me and my crazy running habits (Oiselle, NUUN, Runnerbox, Feetures, & Yurbuds) and you, the readers, for listening to me talk/complain/worry about it non-stop for another four months - THANK YOU.  I am a really lucky duck to have such an incredible support network.  And I'm 100% positive that none of it would be worth a dime or anywhere near as fun without it; without you.  People say 3 times a charm.  I say, why stop there?



Now, in honor of THROWBACK THURSDAY (we seriously have a name for everything these days) I'm gonna take you back in the music department.  Okay, fine, the truth is, I am purposely starving myself of my favorite songs so that I get that much more fired up when I hear them this Sunday.  Whatever works, right?  I have been going back, way back, to my oldies but goodies this week.  Timeless gems that may not always be on my current list but nonetheless put a smile on my face and a skip in my step.  Back in college, a mere 17 years ago, I ran cross country.  These songs were on my pre-race playlist.  And in my opinion, they are still awesome.  Not as awesome as this photo of me running in my briefs with a really strange expression on my face, but close.  Yes, it's a terrible shot.  I had to dig deep to find it.  And then dig a little deeper to find the courage to post it.  Happy Thursday.  Rock on.

TBT: COLGATE XC 1997

I'm Too Sexy - Right Said Fred 
Impression That I Get - Mighty Mighty Bosstones 
Like a Prayer - Madonna
Whip Smart - Liz Phair 
Grace - Jeff Buckley 
You're So Cool - Hans Zimmer
Cry Love - John Hiatt 
Walking On Broken Glass - Annie Lenox 
She Drives Me Crazy - Fine Young Cannibals
Deeper Shade Of Soul - Urban Dance Squad

2 comments:

  1. Where's my hug?! You're going to rock it :) can't wait to hear all about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you worry! I've got plenty saved up. Can't wait sit and chill with you when it's all over!!!

    ReplyDelete